Should I Buy a New or Used Ford F-150 Truck for Sale?
Visit Your Local Ford Dealer in Oklahoma to Get an Amazing Deal on a New or Used F-150
New or used?
This is the question that consumes car-buyers roaming the lots of new car dealerships in Oklahoma who are on the hunt for their next truck.
As you’ve probably already heard, there’s a chip shortage in the automotive industry that’s affecting auto manufacturers and their customers alike. With the rules of supply and demand at play, the cost of used and new cars for sale is quite a bit higher than what we’re accustomed to seeing.
And with a shortage of vehicles in general, shoppers are giving used cars more consideration than they have in the past. More specifically, people are looking at quality pre-owned vehicles as a means of getting something used that feels like new – and thanks to our robust inspections, you can count on Zeck Ford to offer only the best available used rides.
In the great new car vs. used car debate, there are advantages on both sides. The good news is you can count on Zeck Ford near Oklahoma City to provide great deals on both new F-150s for sale, as well as gently-used trucks..
The Major Advantages of Buying a Used F-150 Through Your Ford Dealer in Oklahoma
Used car buyers enjoy special perks when they decide to go with a Ford F-150 that has had a previous owner. Here are a few of the top advantages that you can look forward to when buying a used car or truck through your local Ford Dealer in Oklahoma.
- Used Vehicles Can Be More Affordable: Price is definitely a factor for people when shopping for new and used Ford F-150s. For some, it’s the deciding factor, which is why many people are willing to overlook previous ownership in exchange for a hefty discount on the sticker price. It’s not uncommon to save $10,000 or more on a Ford F-150 purchase simply by going with one model year older.
- Used Cars Aren’t Hit with Depreciation as Hard: When it comes to buying a car, everyone is afraid of the dreaded “D” word. We’re talking, of course, about depreciation. Based on national statistics for all new cars, you can expect a drop in value of roughly 20 percent within the first year of ownership. That’s a bitter pill to swallow for any savvy buyer out there, which is why many people prefer going the used vehicle route.
- Used Ford F-150s Have Lower Cost of Ownership: Sticker price is one thing, but when you start factoring in everything else like sales tax, insurance, and registration – these things can really add up in a hurry. The big advantage with used vehicles is their cost of ownership is generally much lower compared to new vehicles. Cost of ownership includes how much you pay for insurance, maintenance, and repairs.
The Major Advantages of Buying a New F-150 for Sale at a New Car Dealership in Oklahoma
Although there are definitely some key advantages to buying a used F-150 from your local Ford dealer in Oklahoma, don’t count out new cars for sale just yet. There’s a reason – multiple reasons, actually – why the 2022 Ford F-150 for sale is one of the hottest trucks on the lot here at Zeck Ford Oklahoma in Purcell.
- A New Ford F-150 Means Getting the Exact Truck You Want: Buying a new F-150 for sale means that you get the exact trim level, engine, and optional features that you pick out. In short, you get everything you want and nothing you don’t. That’s not necessarily the case with a used car, which was picked out by the previous owner, and requires you to compromise.
- Your New Car Purchase is Protected Under Warranty: As any savvy car buyer knows, the sticker price isn’t just about the car or truck you’re purchasing – it’s about the comprehensive warranty that’s going to protect your vehicle just in case anything happens. The new F-150 for sale comes with an industry-leading warranty that covers most parts on the vehicle for up to three years or 36,000 miles (whichever comes first). Additionally, all new Ford F-150s come with the Ford Powertrain Warranty which protects the drivetrain, transmission, and engine for five years or 60,000 miles (whichever comes first).
- New Cars Have All the Latest Features: Buying the most current vehicle means that you get the most current features. In the case of the 2022 Ford F-150, that means you’ll get the 8-inch capacitive touchscreen, rear-view camera with dynamic hitch assist, and all the most contemporary design elements. And nothing quite beats that new car smell when stepping into a brand-new Ford F-150.
Find Your Next New or Used F-150 at Our Oklahoma Ford Dealership
Not only do we carry a variety of new and used Ford F-150s, but you will also have access to hundreds of high-quality vehicles on our lot and at our sister dealerships. The Zeck family of dealerships guarantees the best possible price and service on new and used vehicles. Come see us at 2311 North 9th Avenue in Purcell, Oklahoma to take a test drive.